This recipe was sent to me from a friend and I absolutely love it. It’s a great way to add more veggies into your diet.. It is easy to make and you can even make the dressing ahead of time so that it is ready to go just before yo need it. The original author of this recipe said it had tart, sweet and just a pinch of heat and I totally agree. And you are in complete control of how much heat you want to add to the recipe. You can either cut up each veggie and put together or grab a bag of pre-cut slaw from your grocery store. Either way will work out great.
|Prep Time:||Total Time:||Yield:|
|20 min||20 min||6 servings|
* 1 lb shredded veggies (your choice of cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, snow peas, broccoli slaw, brussel sprouts, etc) roughly 6-7 cups.
* 3 scallions, sliced
* 1 cup cilantro ( or Italian parsley or mint) chopped
Asian Slaw Dressing Ingredients:
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
* ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
* 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup, agave or honey
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or GF alternative like Braggs or Coconut Aminos)
* 1 garlic clove, finely minced ( use a garlic press)
* 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ½ teaspoon chili flakes or chili paste ( optional)
Optional toppings ingredents:
* Toasted sesame seeds
* roasted, crushed peanuts or cashews
1. Toss slaw ingredients together in a large bowl. Add cilantro and scallions.
2. Stir in the dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Pour dressing onto the slaw mix and stir well.
4. If you like you can add some sesame seeds for a garnishment or if you prefer add nuts.
1. You can keep this salad in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
You can find the full recipe here: