This is my go to breakfast. I’ve made this so many times for breakfast for family and friends. Everyone loves it. It is loaded with so many good nutrients along with the great flavor. This is a great way to start off your day.. It is both healthy and filling.
Muesli – Raw Morning Cereal with Almond Milk
|Prep Time||Total Time||Serves|
|5 min||5 min||2 servings|
For the Muesli
* 1 c raw almonds, soaked for 2 hours
* 6 medjool dates, pitted
* 1 heaping tablespoon virgin coconut oil
* 1 apple, grated (I love to add pink lady apples)- For time saving I usually chop my apples
* 1/2 c raisins, cranberries or both (no sulfur or added sugars)
* 1/2 c large raw coconut flakes
For the Toppings
* Sliced strawberries, blackberries, bananas, or fruit of choice
* A sprinkle of cinnamon
* 1/2 c homemade almond milk
1. Discard the liquid from the almonds and place in a food processor to roughly chopped.
2. Chop the dates and place in the bowl with the almonds.
3. Stir in and combine all of the following:
- Coconut oil
- coconut flakes
4. sprinkle of cinnamon.
Optional: you can pour in some homemade almond milk.
For the almond milk
* 1 c raw almonds
* water for soaking nuts
* 3 c water
* 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract (optional)
Almond Milk Instructions
1. Soak the almonds in water overnight or for at least 6 hours.
2. Drain and discard the water from the almonds
3.Blend the 3 cups of water and almonds until well blended and almost smooth.
4. Strain the blended mixture using a cheesecloth or any other strainer that you have will work
5. Add in your vanilla flavoring if you want it flavored.
You can keep the homemade almond milk in the refrigerator for three or four days.
You can find the full recipe here: Young On Raw Food