Are you missing pasta? You don’t have to any more now that you have this recipe. I love making this Zucchini with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce recipe due to it’s a light summer dish. Since it is raw there is not cooking involved. The creamy tomato basil sauce really make the dish. It’s hard to believe that there are raw cashews in this dish.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
- Serves: 2 servings
Ingredients for Zucchini with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce
- 4 1/2 c zucchini spiraled into noodles
- 1 1/2 c fresh tomato, chopped
- 3/4 c sun-dried tomatoes (Make sure they are not in oil)
- 1/2 c raw cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours and then drained)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil (I use fresh, it brings out the flavor more to me)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
Instructions for Zucchini with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce
- Put the noodles in a strainer and rinse.
- Pat dry with paper towels to soak up the excess moisture. Set aside while you make the sauce.
- Add the rest ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy /smooth.
- Make sure the sauce is seasoned to your liking adjust seasonings as needed.
- Place the zucchini noodles in to bowls and pour the sauce over the noodles.
- Top with optional chopped fresh basil.